Pushing past the basics is a necessity in such an immersive craft and after just a few hours in this course, you’ll be doing far more than just making coffee.
We will cover the development of sensory skills, principles of grinding, using refractometers, steaming milk for two drinks at once, using alternate milks and even achieving some latte art! Wait… is that a swan on your latte?
After Completion You Can:
- Set up a tasting (cupping) with coffees from various origins and know how to distinguish between them.
- Prepare espresso using advanced techniques such as distribution and clump crushing.
- Make and know the difference between traditional and modern style espresso drinks.
- Steam milk without a thermometer for more than one drink.
- Produce some latte art, anywhere from a heart to a tulip to a swan.
- Develop espresso recipes for single-origin coffees to a speciality coffee standard.
- Use a refractometer and extraction chart and calculate the extraction percentage with an in-depth knowledge of extraction theory.
This course is for the experienced barista and anyone that’s completed barista basics. If you’re serious about coffee after this course everyone’s sure to know it.
Bookings & Costs:
This course is priced at £95 per person. The course duration is 3 hours.
This course runs weekly on the following days:
- Tuesday at 10:00 to 13:00
- Wednesday at 13:00 to 16:00
Need to make a bespoke booking? – Get in touch.