Our Latte Art course is designed to teach you the basic milk steaming and pouring techniques which form the foundation of any latte art design.
We begin by looking at the science behind milk steaming, including the different components of milk and how these are affected by temperature and time. This is followed by an intensive look at how to texture milk best for latte art so that you can get the best pattern out of your pour.
We then move onto the six degrees of freedom of latte art to understand the hand and cup movements needed for pouring designs and finish with latte art practice on multiple different designs. We move through a selection of designs such as the heart, tulips and rosetta and can cover even more advanced designs depending on the ability of the individual.
After Completion You Can:
- Explain how milk foam forms and how it changes over time.
- Understand the optimal temperature to steam milk to and why
- Texture at least one type of milk perfectly for latte art.
- Explain what latte art’s six degrees of freedom are and how to use them to produce latte art.
- Form at the least heart patterns with fundamental latte art techniques.
This is essential for any real enthusiast looking for a masterclass in drink presentation perfection. You must be able to make coffee already, however, your milk texturing techniques and pouring can be at beginner level.