Speciality coffee is as much a science as it is a craft. This course will teach you where the science bit comes into it and much more.
We will explore how water chemistry, filter papers, pouring techniques and much more affect your brews, whilst measuring all our results with a digital refractometer.
From V60 and Chemex to clever dripper and Aeropress we will cover it all.
After completion, you can:
- Explain how all manual brewing methods available can be used.
- Explain how temperature and temperature stability, pressure, grind size, pouring techniques, slurry (coffee and water mixture) agitation, filter paper and equipment affect extraction.
- Use a refractometer with an extraction chart.
- Explain how water chemistry affects coffee extraction.
- Brew filter coffee using different brewers (Chemex, Kalita wave, V60) and advanced techniques with knowledge of how to change extraction in your brewing to improve your final drink.
- Brew Aeropress with a host of different advanced techniques making drinks such as cold brew with knowledge of how to change extraction in your brewing to improve your final drink.
If you’ve just finished brewing basics or are already working on a brew bar in a speciality cafe and are looking to impress then this is the course for you. Brew your filter coffee with some flair.
Bookings & Costs:
This course is priced at £95 per person. The course duration is 3 hours.
This course runs weekly on the following days:
- Thursday at 16:00 to 19:00
- Friday at 10:00 to 13:00
Need to make a bespoke booking? – Get in touch.