This course is designed for a filter coffee lover looking to learn basic brewing techniques for home or work use. This course is mainly practical while incorporating basic essential knowledge and theory to support your learning.
It starts off with a beginner’s guide to coffee including coffee plant species, origins, processing and roasting. This helps you to understand key information on packaging about different coffee and how these variables effect the flavour.
We then just into the practical by learning how to brew coffee using an Aeropress and V60. While brewing, we cover how different water temperature and grind sizes effects the flavour and extraction and how to adjust these for different brewing methods and types of coffee.
After Completion You Can:
- Be able to confidently differentiate between arabica and robusta coffee.
- Explain where coffee is grown and how it is farmed and processed.
- Know what light and dark roast coffees are and the differences between them.
- Brew coffee manually using professional equipment including high precision scales, gooseneck kettles and more.
- Understand the extraction theory behind brewing coffee.
- Brew filter coffee using an AeroPress and V60 correctly using recipes.
If you are a barista working in a coffee shop with a brew bar or anyone looking to brew coffee without making espresso, this is the course for you. No previous coffee knowledge or brewing experience is required. Time to get brewing!