A coffee lover’s dreams come true! This session is a sensory experience designed to develop your pallet and sense of smell as you carry out a cupping (tasting) with one of our trainers.
It’s a light-hearted experience but packed with opportunity to learn. We will look at what cuppings are used for, how to set up a cupping, the SCA standards for cupping, how to use the SCA cupping form to evaluate coffee quality, and of course… how to taste… Slurrrrrp!
After Completion You Can:
- Set up a cupping just like any coffee professional (roasters, Q graders etc.)
- Use the SCA wheel of flavour to pinpoint which flavours you can taste in a coffee.
- Identify the difference in flavour between Arabica and Robusta coffee.
- Identify the flavours found in coffees from the four main coffee growing regions.
- Use the SCA cupping form to evaluate and score a coffee from 0 – 100 based on its quality.
Bookings & Costs:
This course is priced at £75 per person. The course duration is 1.5 hours.
This course runs weekly on the following days:
- Friday at 16:30 to 18:00
- Saturday at 10:00 to 11:30
Need to make a bespoke booking? – Get in touch.