We will kick things off with learning about coffee extraction theory and how to taste the difference between under vs over extracted coffee. Then we move straight onto brewing with a method of your choice; you can browse our brew bar or jump straight onto an espresso machine!
Whilst practicing your chosen brewing technique, we look at how to develop coffee recipes to best fit your brewing device and how you can fine-tune your coffee recipe at home through taste. Lastly, we finish with learning how to properly clean and care for the equipment at home.
After Completion You Can:
- Understand how to taste the difference between over and under extracted coffee.
- Use sensory skills to distinguish distinct flavours and aromas in coffee.
- Brew coffee like a professional using a brewing method of your choice.
- Explain coffee extraction theory and how variables such as coffee brewing time and coffee grind size affect flavour.
- Professionally clean your espresso or brewing equipment